Monday, April 12, 2010

When It rains, it pours

I was involved in a car accident the Tuesday after Easter Monday. It was a bad impact for the cars especially the other persons car that was badly damaged. After a huge hussle with the Police for half of Tueday, I was asked to report in court the following morning. Little did I know that I was going to be locked up in a tiny cell full of people accused of being drunk and disorderly. Saying the cell ws stinky would be an understatement, I realized that fresh air is luxury in jail . Never in my life have I ever imagined being locked up. After the court was over they alowed me to pay for the fine and I was let go late Wednesday afternoon.
Real life experience. I am thankful no one was hurt.

Late Saturday night, I received a call from John our printer, that his wife was involved in a car accident that had left one woman dead. The name of Johns wife was nowhere in the records of those involved in the accident and only one person was not identified, the dead woman. Lots of mixed emotions, trying to stay strong for John and still worried for the life of dear Elizabeth, my legs were letting go as we waited to know the whereabouts of Elizabeth. She was not the one in the morgue but we could still not figure out where she was. Looked for her in all the sorrounding hospitals all night long, we also looked for her in the accident scene but it was too dark to see anything. After a long search we found her in Naivasha hospital with bad bruises the following morning. A good samaritan had dropped her there unconcious and so no one knew who she was. She was transfered to Kikuyu Hospital, but now she has been put in the ICU at Kenyatta National Hospital, still unconcious.
Please pray for Elizabeth, John and the whole family.
They need us so much right now. Thank you CTC family for your love and support at such times.

No comments: